Experience the Holy Week in Malaga at Hotel Del Pintor
From 14 to 21 March, the brotherhoods of the Holy Week in Malaga follow one another . P rocessing and making its penance station in the center of Malaga . Many of them pass through the door of our hotel. Among the most prominent and that you should not miss are:
- "La Pollinica": Well known for the chicken that accompanies the donkey that opens on Palm Sunday. It launches into the streets of Malaga to start the Holy Week.
- On Holy Monday, it is the captive's turn. One of the most multitudinous processions to accompany 25,000 people as a promise.
- On Holy Wednesday, highlights the Virgin of Sorrows. Its appeal is in the mantle, which every year is made by fresh flowers by municipal gardeners. Also the Virgen del Rocío, known as the bride of Malaga is one of the most beloved in the city.
- The Christ of the Good Death with the courtship of the legion. The well-known Brotherhood of Mena that leaves the holy Thursday and that has the disembarkation of the legion, the transfer of the christ and its later route like attractiveness. Holy Thursday is one of the most important for the representation of brotherhoods.
- Good Friday is a more sober day, with processions like the Holy Sepulcher.
- Resurrection Sunday is another day of joy with the departure of the Risen One.
Itinerary Semana Santa Málaga 2019
Do you want to know where each procession comes from and what days? Check the map below. You can also check the itinerary of Samana Santa de Málaga 2019.
Times of Holy Week Málaga 2019
Times Processions Domingo de Ramos Málaga 2019
|HUMILITY AND PATIENCE||10:20||15:00||16:50||five pm||22:50|
|TEARS AND FAVORS||15:00||15:45||17:35||17:45||22:45|
Times Processions Holy Monday Malaga 2019
|PAINS OF THE BRIDGE||five pm||19:20||21:10||21:20||00:00|
Times Processions Tuesday Santo Malaga 2019
Times Processions Wednesday Santo Málaga 2019
|MEDIATOR OF SALVATION||15:35||6:30||20:20||20:30||01:00|
|THE RICH ONE||18:45||21:35||23:25||-||01:15|
Times Processions Holy Thursday Malaga 2019
|SACRED DINNER||five pm||18:00||19:50||-||23:30|
|VERA + CROSS||19:00||20:00||21:50||22:00||02:30|
Times Processions Good Friday Malaga 2019
|DOLORES DE SAN JUAN||18:20||20:00||21:50||22:00||00:10|
Holy Week 2019 in the Province of Malaga
In the province of Malaga, in addition to the processions, there are also traditions that have become tourist events worth knowing.
In full Axerquia, Riogordo is one of the white villages, whose tradition takes us to "El Paso de Riogordo". One of the best representations in Europe according to the media, cataloged as National Tourist Interest among other recognitions.
This event represents the life and death of Christ in 14 scenes on Friday and Holy Saturday, in natural settings of the town, with the participation of more than 400 people. Here is a short summary:
To get to Riogordo from Malaga, we leave you the map, in 40 minutes you will arrive to enjoy one of the most relevant events.
If you are looking for a central hotel in Malaga to experience the Holy Week 2019 in Malaga , Hotel Del Pintor, the reference Boutique Hotel in the center of Malaga will be your best ally. Know the opinions and why they recommend it.
In addition, you have the Suites del Pintor and Casas del Pintor , tourist apartments in the center of Malaga , check in at our reception or phone.