The fair is approaching, one of the most important events in southern Europe in August. We have a date, the Malaga Fair 2019 will be August 15 to 24. As usual, on the night of August 14 , will be the proclamation and the fireworks that open the holidays.
While we wait for the complete program of activities, we are going to give you the best advice to live our fair like another Malaga. 10 things to do at the Malaga Fair 2019.
10 things to do at the Malaga Fair 2019
As you know, the Feria de Málaga is characterized by having over 200 free activities, including concerts by relevant artists, performances in different spaces, sports activities ... Added to the spectacular weather, the sun, the beach, gastronomy ... They make Malaga an incredible place during the fair. Are you going to miss it?
- 1. Fireworks: They will be the 14th at night, at 00.00h can be enjoyed from the beach of the malagueta and mark the kick-off to the parties that officially start on August 15.
- 2. Live the center fair: The atmosphere in the historic center is unique, Calle Larios, Plaaza de la Constitución and the surrounding streets, are filled with music, gypsy dresses, brass bands ...
- 3. Listen to verdiales in the center : The traditional music of Málaga, live with the groups on the street.
- 4. Eat fried fish in the center: Malaga's cuisine is characterized by pescaito and at the fair it was not going to be less.
- 5. Enjoy the concerts: The concert schedule is one of the best you can find.
- August 10, Friday: Butterfly Effect. Beach of the Malagueta (00.20 hours)
- August 11, Saturday: Snatch. Municipal auditorium
- August 13, Monday: Hall Effect. Municipal auditorium
- August 14, Tuesday: Niña Pastori. Municipal auditorium
- August 16, Thursday: Always like this. Municipal auditorium
- August 17, Friday: Marta Sánchez. Municipal auditorium
- August 18, Saturday: Merche. Municipal auditorium
- 6. Take a tour of the fairgrounds: The Cortijo de Torres fairground, is composed of different areas, depending on what you want you can go to one of these areas. It is divided into the area of attractions, to enjoy as a family with the smallest, area family booths, where you can eat and dance in a relaxed way, and youth area, where you can find authentic dance floors. Choose your favortia zone and go for a spin.
- 7. Try the Cartojal wine: During the day, the sun asks the body to cool down, for it, nothing better than to take one of the drinks of the fair, the Cartojal wine, it is served very cold. We recommend drinking in moderation.
- 8. Take the opportunity to learn about the cultural activity of the city : During the fair, museums and monuments do not close but open up to discover another of the essence of Malaga.
- 9. See the pilgrimage parade : The pilgrimage to Málaga is celebrated on the first Saturday of the fair, a pilgrimage to the Sanctuary of the Virgen de la Victoria, patron saint of the city. Riders on horseback, horse-drawn carriages and people on foot accompany the flag-bearer of the fair to this temple.
- 10. Take a break on the beach: During the fair, you can also take a break to enjoy a day at the beach, the malagueta, right next to the center is ideal.
These are our proposals to open your mouth to the Feria de Málaga , we advise you to book your preferred accommodation for those dates because availability is scarce.
From the Hotel Del Pintor we put at your disposal our boutique hotel in the center of Malaga, one of the best hotels in Malaga according to tripadvisor. With our location you can experience the Feria de Málaga in the best way.